Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5.27.08

A very late morning.

we ended up having kind of regular hotdogs last night, after I scraped off the blackened cornmeal stuff. I'm not a fryer, never have been and don't know a thing about it. I bake almost everything. The good news is, I think I can come up with a baked version of corndogs too :)

We had raccoons on the porch last night. We haven't seen any since last year. I try and make sure there's no food source for them so they don't come looking for more.

Also, Nik killed what he believes was another blackwidow and since he was right about the first one ... that's 2 on an open front porch. Unusual and scary. I'll be cleaning everything off the porch soon and trying to make sure there are no more.

We have at least one male toad who lives on the porch and more toads around the yard and gardens, blessed things. they help keep bad bugs down and just help keep the positive jujus going.

There's a lovely store in Springfield called Renaissance Books and the woman who owns it has a website called WholeOzarks.com, where she advertises local things like enlightened workers, natural healing and organic foods. She offers one free add to local small businesses after she inspects and approves them and she has accepted and listed Healing House teas :) :) :) she listed me under health food stores. I'm so thankful!!

Well, I must get to work on the website again. I got the domain for Healing House but now need to set up the website for the teas and the art. I am going to search around a bit for another place to have the website. Tripod is very easy to manage but I don't like it for other reasons.

Merry Day everyone :)

No comments: