Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6.10.08

It's an amazingly wonderful morning. Very dense fog draped over the everything like a silken web woven just for us.

For first breakfast we had some little chocolate and peanutbutter cakes and some homemade iced coffee stuff. I like that stuff so much sometimes it's in my dreams :) It's just instant coffee, water, ice cubes, and french vanilla creamer.

The ducks seem to get up very early no matter what the weather. I can hear them quacking about as early as 4am and the other morning they were out and quacking in a severe thunderstorm. Those lucky ducks :) I love to be out in the storms.

For second breakfast we had cinnamon waffles and fresh juice. I usually make a double batch and keep the other half to be toasted but I was in a hurry to get to some other things.

I finished one of the two paintings this morning (you can see it on my art blog) and will have the second one done in an hour or so. The one I finished is for my sister Becky. The second is for whomever it's meant to be with.

I got the days tea orders out except for the ones waiting on the Burdock Root. Which will take another few days to have ready.

I'm also getting an order of sample tea bags ready for some sample gifts bags that a very nice woman is preparing for a festival in Arkansas next month. A Watermelon festival :) I'll have more info on it later.

Also, I believe the art show at the gallery in Oregon starts this week. I'm hope and making jujus that it brings some business. Things have been so slow but how can people buy art when they struggle to feed their families ?

Anyway, Merry day ((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))

No comments: