Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

6.11.08

Beautiful morning! Animals have been fed and are all fat and happy. I did a little weeding earlier, cleaned off the porch a bit, moved one small pile of firewood to be stacked with the rest later and finished another painting.

Yesterday, for some reason, I thought the truck we just got was brown. but this morning in the light it turns out it's black. I truly don't care what color it is, at this point I would even take pink, but black is my favorite color :)

The Day Lilies are starting o bloom which means fritters ! I love Day Lily fritters :)

There are peppers almost ready and plenty of flowers on the beans and tomatoes. The peas, carrots, corn and sunflowers are doing wonderfully as well. The marigolds still haven't come up so I may need to replant them.

In the medicinal garden, most everything is doing well. The new Patchouli is doing fine but the White Sage isn't. It's hanging on but just not looking good. I'm making jujus for it and there's still hope :)

The other day i found a lovely little patch of wild strawberries. We have them every year but the Raccoons usually take them. they most likely will this year as well but I intend to fight for the melons and pumpkins this time. We haven't started them yet but I'm going to try them in a new spot altho the raccoons aren't deterred by anything but fencing they can't climb.

Anyway, I should get some more done. Merry day everyone.

No comments: