Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Becca's visit

I'm so tired but so very happy. My beautiful sister Becky came to visit today and we had a wonderful time.

I got so excited about her coming I forgot to make the scones but it hardly seemed to matter. I have very limited family, my two sisters are just about all there is and they're both very sacred to me. I love them so much

My older sister, Becky, is how I learned about being a mother. Watching her raise her two sons I learned what unconditional love and balance looked like. She was and is a wonderful mother.

She's also the one who influenced me into Yoga. She taught me quite a bit about it when I was younger. I didn't take it up till I was pregnant with Nik but when I finally did it seemed like an old friend.

She brought me a wonderful gift of planting tools, gardening gloves and wonderful little pot. And she loved her painting which made me feel quite special indeed :)

And now I shall go pass out :)



Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: