Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

8.17.08 The Visit

What a wonderful day we had yesterday !

We spent the evening with family (not to be confused with relatives). ((((((((((((((((Sheri, Ward and Alec)))))))))))))))

And I never thought to take a single picture *o*

We changed the menu at the last minute and had plates of cheeses, summer sausages, breads, crackers, grapes, olives and cucumbers. I'm having leftover grapes and bread for lunch :)

We stayed up later than we had in quite a while and loved every second of it. We talked and told stories and laughed together, like people who had known oneanother for many years. Last night was the first time we've met in person, this lifetime.

Sheri is very beautiful, her physical body matches her spirit perfectly. Ward is very kind and handsome and emanates honor, Nik says he looks like a Knight. And Alec, who is a good and handsome lad but what's inside that shell is most amazing, he's a very special young man. They're just incredibly special people, but I knew that long before they arrived :)

Anyway, I feel blessed beyond measure to have them in my life.

Merry day everyone :)

3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

How lovely to meet people that you enjoy so much. Sounds like it was a great evening.

Peggy said...

Juli sounds like a perfect visit! I agree with your view on sheri, ward and alec. Its been a few years since I met them but can't wait for a second visit!!

Phill said...

I know the visit must have been wonderful - such a terrific crowd of kind, super people ... and a menu after my own heart. I can't wait to see pics of this! (Maybe this weekend when I get to see them!) I"m so glad you had a wonderful time.