Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2008 Election

I'm truly not a political person and altho I always vote, I don't pay a great deal of attention to what follows. If who I voted for wins, I'm thankful and make prayers that I made the right choices and that those elected will be blessed with honor and integrity.

This morning was very different. On hearing that Obama had won, I cried. Not because I voted for him, which I did. Not because I'm a democrat, which I'm not. (I'm Green) But because my son and I are a part of a great turning in America's history and were able to bear witness to an event I truly doubted I would see in my lifetime.


May Obama and all those elected have honorable hearts and persevere to remain so always.

May McCain be blessed all his days and his level and strong spirit continue to strengthen those who truly need it.

And may the Earth and all her children find peace and be blessed with balance.

4 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Amen, Gypsy. What a day for our country.

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

Amen Amen lovey and may your sweet spirit be Blessed.

JoyceAnn said...

Beautiful Sentinments ~~~~~~~

~ Special Blessings to You ~
JoyceAnn

clown princess said...

A beautiful blessing Juli, I stand with you in what you've spoken here.

Have a most blessed and beautiful remainder of your week gypsy girl.