Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

I love feasts, I love the food and shared warmth and merriment. Every year, 4 to 6 weeks before the feasts I make a menu for each and then I make a shopping list for the menus. I keep the shopping lists with me and anytime I can or see something on sale that I need for the feasts I pick it up. That way I can afford a grand feast a little at a time.

I make most things from scratch so buying for a feast adds to the pantry as well :)

Thanksgiving Feast

Roasted Herbed Turkey
Sage Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Peppered Corn
Ginger Cinnamon Cranberries
Butter Rolls

Rustic Apple Pie
Chocolate Cake w/ Butter Cream Frosting

Coke
Spiced Iced Tea

~*~

I'm also working on Yule, Christmas and New Years Feasts :)

~*~

5 comments:

Dana said...

Yummy!! I would love the recipe for the herbed turkey:)

nina kuriloff said...

your menu sounds great!

it's a very good idea to plan ahead as you do.

My Inspired Reality said...

OK, I am coming over for dinner:)

Unknown said...

i like your approach to getting the necessary items. makes good sense.

rustic apple pie sounds delightful. seems like it would be nice and crusty. i love crusty pies.

Anonymous said...

It's a fantastic idea to get organised for your recipe plan for Thanksgiving also.