Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Monday, December 29, 2008

12.29.08 A Sunkissed day

It's been beautiful here today ! in the 60's again. Windows open. Outside in a sundress.

We got a lot done too ! I washed Stars comforter and hung it to dry. We took down all the Yule and Christmas stuff and put it all away. Sold and traded some eggs, got two little signs. Took recycling, picked up feed and straw, got some nails and searched a second hand store for an army coat for Nik, but didn't find one. Nik cleaned and refilled water bowls and duck pond. I cleaned out the small henhouse, (which is now the rooster house for the winter) and then cleaned out the chicken pen and laid fresh straw. We built a tiny temporary pen for Archimedes, the rooster. Then we came in and I made egg salad and deviled eggs, chocolate dipped pretzels and chocolate drops.

I had to talk on the phone today as well. Something I greatly loath, I actually have a phone phobia. First I called and paid the utilities, which doesn't much bother me. Then I found out that my auto insurance is going up 42.00 per 6 months *~* that's a huge jump! And then I found that to order a CD from AOL you have to talk to a B-movie android for 30 minutes before you can tell everything you just told the android to a human who then asks you to repeat everything a 3rd time, just to verify it *o*

But the greatest part of the day came just a few minutes ago, when I picked up a paintbrush and began to paint. I almost cried. It's been some time because of space. But I actually need to get some things painted because I've sold a few pieces, bartered a piece and gifted some pieces. So that gives me an extra motivation to figure out how to make more room to paint again.

I also sold another painting thru a gallery in Washington state and hopefully some cards of my work as well.

I so love the Burrow but a few years ago I found a house, we named it Myst house, with several levels of decks and walkways, an outdoor shower and an art studio bigger then the whole Burrow with a long wall of windows! It was such an amazing place. It had once been a cabin at an artists retreat but had been turned into a house. There was a long rustic dinning room where I imagined candles and many people enjoying food and talk. I've seen some beautiful houses and seen plenty as cool and cooler, but Myst house was different somehow. But, it was not meant to be and things are as they are :)

Wonderful night all !

5 comments:

Peggy said...

You got more done today than I did. William is heading to Texas from California so I haven't gotten the teas or the paintings yet. I can't wait!! He hopes to get a load in Texas heading home. I am already planning on where I want to hang the paintings. I still have a head cold but am feeling some better today, Thank you for asking :)

oldcrow61 said...

Juli, you were outside in a sundress! Oh, how I wish it was that warm here. We'll be bundled up for months yet. I know what it's like to talk to a B movie android, lol, very frustrating. Sounds like you've been very busy. Hope the new year brings wonderful things your way. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Great Big {{{{HUGS}}}} coming your way dear Juli. I have been terribly negligent when it comes to visiting my friend's posts. I just wanted to make sure that I got by before the end of the year to let you know that you and Nik stay very much in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember once finding a house much like your discription of Myst. I dreamed about living there for a long time after finding it. Although I never gotto live there in reality I am in a home now that I dearly love and to see it is to see me....Plain and Simple.

Wishing you and Nik a New Year filled with Good Health and Much Happiness.

Hippiekisses said...

You are a beautiful writer, I would encourage you to begin your book this coming year!

I miss having cats in our home...we do have our cat family living outside though.

Unknown said...

yeah, all that robot talking to and repeating on the phone does get old. i do my best to avoid it as well.

painting is something i'll be getting back into. it's so freeing.