Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2.11.09




Another fine Irish morning :) a bit chilly, a bit rainy and a bit gray. A perfect day for sipping tea, reading a good book, doing some mending and definitely some painting.

The chickens are gone, thank the Maker and the Mother ! And they went to a very nice woman and her family. I think they got a very good home and we got money to go towards more spaying and neutering. Actually just neutering for now.

As soon as things dry out a bit cleaning the henhouses and installing more nest boxes is at the top of the list.

I've been feeling am urge to eat out (more like an urge to do many other things instead of cooking) so i compromised and we're eating more fast food .... homemade sub sandwiches, homemade burritos, homemade burgers and fries. Now, if the dished would just do themselves ! I do try wiggling my nose but I just keep sneezing *~*

I have no idea about the numbers. I know only that they mean something and that many people believe they're messages. I don't know much about numerology at all. I know less then many children, 5 is the teaching number, 1 is the leader or leadership, that kind of thing. I've only seen them a few times in the last few days.

Years ago I did look into creating greeting cards but never found much out. I'm a terrible business person and marketing my work seems beyond me. I do sell on cafepress but I forget to promote it. I'll have to try harder, thank you (((((((((Jo)))))))))))))

Speaking of cards tho, I did create my own business cards. I was buying the free ones (you only pay shipping) but there was a special and I've always wanted to use my own work on my own cards so i did it.


2 comments:

BarbCarol said...

Nice cards, Juli. I especially like the Healing House Teas. In one of my many former lives, I was a graphic designer and created cards and logos. Now I create lots of work for myself by acquiring more and more animals on this farm. Gotta keep the mind and hands busy in my old age.

Unknown said...

that sounds a lot like the weather we had today, although the sun did make an appearance towards the end. i love gray, rainy days.

i've been having that same urge...to eat out. i always say that if finances permitted, i'd eat at my two favorite local restaurants alternating each day of the week. i love to cook for others, but when it comes to feeding myself i just want ease.

the cards are lovely. i make my own, too, using a small 9 block grid of pics. of my garments as a graphic. i think they're always much more special than the generic ones.