Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Army Guys Dream

I've had several dreams that took place at our Town Square. This is one of those.

I was at the Town Square and, as in all the dreams so far, all the businesses and buildings had been abandoned and were in disrepair. Only a few sellers came when they could to trade things. I brought eggs and herbs and clothing and some gasoline and other things. One woman had a lot of squash and I traded something with her. There were maybe 20 people there all together.

I was brought to a man who said he had 5 wounded soldiers that I must care for. I told the man that I was no doctor at all but only knew herbs. The man slapped me hard to the ground. Suddenly several people stepped forward and stood between him and me.

I was taken to what used to be the courthouse, there where soldiers there and 5 very young men laying on cots under very bright lights powered. I was told they had antibiotics and pain killers but nothing else.

The first man had a wound on his inner thigh and was bleeding profusely. With the help of a young woman I was able to stitch the artery back together and close the wound. I knew he would live.

The second man was dead when I got to him. His body cold and his spirit gone.

The third young man had a wound on his side and in the very bright light I could see that a rib had been gouged but whatever had caused the wound had not gone further. The woman cleaned the wound well and I stitched it shut. I knew he would live.

The fourth young man was gravely injured. He had a wound to the lower stomach and the blood was almost black. I could smell the death of it and felt his spirit leaving the shellbody even then. I asked that he be given strong pain killer and told the men that he would die.

The fifth man had a broken leg and broken ankle which the woman and I were able to set. I knew he would live.

I left the building and the man in charge approached me looking angry. He was mad that the two had died but also angry that I was leaving. I said I had to get home to my son but he said I had to stay. Again many people stepped between him and me and I was allowed to leave and the dream ended.

3 comments:

BarbCarol said...

We can only hope that the dream will never come true. Do the dreams haunt you? -- mine do.
They always leave me feeling that I have let someone down in some way.

oldcrow61 said...

Sounds like you have spirits around to protect you.

Kelly said...

I just came across your blog. I am already hooked!
Dreams such as this would have me reeling.