Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Otter Husband Dream

I was walking down a dirt road. The world was very quiet and peaceful but there was a feeling that something terrible had happened not long ago. Two or three small people appoached me and said something about one of their young men needing help and asked me to come. ( These people were all very small and kind of roundish, humanoid but not human. They seemed familiar to me in the dream but I don't recall dreaming of them before. )

I went with them and it felt like we were underground. I was shown to the young man who was sick or injured and was able to help him. Then I was taken to an elder woman with a young girl. The elder woman talked to me for a long time and, tho I cannot recall her words now, in the dream I felt humbled by them.

When she finished speaking the young girl wanted me to look at some things on a table. They seemed kind of like victorian cards and pictures but the people weren't human. Finally the young girl said she had to meet her husband and I felt surprised because she was so young but at the same time it didn't seem wrong and she was very happy about it. She showed me a picture of her husband and he was an Otter. A very large and beautiful Otter. (In the dream and upon waking the same thing popped into my head ... "Otter medicine")

The girl put the picture down and left but I kept staring at the table and particularly the picture of the Otter Husband. I was drawn to it and couldn't look away. I suddenly felt an urgency about the picture like something was wrong or needed to be done. the elder woman began to speak again but I could no longer understand her. I turned toward her and woke.

2 comments:

Jj Starwalker said...

< g > I have an Otter husband... Otter is K's totem.

They can be completely serious and totally fun, playing like children while hard at work.

He is much the balance I need.

Easy Personal Loans said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.