Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Shark Dream 4.27.09

I was at some kind of place near the sea. It was a built up wall and the sea was about 6 or 8 feet below. There were hundreds and maybe thousands of sharks swimming and circling below the wall. They would seem to swim out to sea but turn around and return after several feet, like there was an invisible wall there too.

There were hundreds of people along the wall waiting and wanting to swim. It was almost as if they had to swim and could barely hold themselves back from jumping in with the sharks. I felt like the sharks knew this and were just waiting until the people couldn't resist and jumped in.

There was a long pier from the wall out into the sea and I walked along it to just over halfway which was right about where the sharks would turn and head back to the wall. I could see nothing there to stop them. I was just watching the sharks for a few minutes then something caught my attention and I turned to see Peter Fonda standing on the pier a few feet away. I was kind of surprised he was there but then some yelling caused me to turn back toward the wall and to my horror I saw people just jumping into the water with the sharks.

I ran up the pier to the wall and started reaching and trying to get people out of the water but none would take my hand. As i looked, I realized that the people were standing up and the water was about waist deep but I could still see the sharks underneath them swimming round. I grabbed a guys arm and showed him but he didn't seem to care or think it was unusual. Then Peter Fonda was there again and pushed me to the ground and was trying to inject me with something.

The guy I had tried to talk to helped me away from Peter Fonda but still didn't seem concerned about anything else. I started walking to get away from all the madness when suddenly everything went completely silent. I turned back to see what had happened and everyone was gone. everyone. I walked back to the wall and there were no people or sharks or anything, just the water. But now it looked like there was a floor below the water. Like very thick glass or something. I sat on the edge of the wall intending to drop down into the water and see what it was but when I got ready to drop down the water rushed out like the tide but didn't return. I could see it several feet away, about the area where the sharks had turned around. When i looked down to see what the floor might be there was nothing there but sand. Then I woke.

No comments: