Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

7.11.09


It was quite hot and humid today, I was thankful for the cool of the house. I'm often planning for when things are much different and I think the cool of the airconditioner will be something I miss greatly, second only to refrigeration and running water. The latter I hope to still have.

I cut most of my hair off today. I'm not sure why and I don't really like it but it will grow back and it is interesting to have it different. It was past my rear and now it's just barely past my shoulder. besides not liking how it looks I'm lazy and very used to tying it in a knot when I'm to hot. Now I have to have a clip or something. It should be long enough again for knot tying by next summer tho :)

I've helped another friend set up an etsy store http://sleepingdragon.etsy.com/ He's a neighbor and metal artist.


His bookends on my shelf

I've been twitting (I think that's what it's called) and altho it feels a bit odd it has increased the shop and item views. I'm OzarkGypsyArt there.

I've been working on getting ready to set up at our Farmers Market. Getting teas and herbs bagged up and ready. Still waiting on the muslin bags, I need to check on that, they're very late. I dug out my old folding tables and giving them some new paint. Gathering baskets for display and sheets for table cloths. I'm making a chalkboard sign from an old frame and piece of wood. I need to hunt up our folding chairs and de-spider them and give them a good air out. Hopefully I'll make enough for a good market umbrella or canopy, nothing fancy but sturdy and easy to use. Hopefully it will all be worth the fee at least but I feel like I'll do pretty well. There are quite a few more vendors this year but not one herbal vendor. I probably won't be selling soaps, there were at least 3 soap sellers already. But when it cools down a bit I'll take the candles and see how they do.

Herc is doing wonderfully and whatever it was seems to have gone it's way and he's gaining weight and feeling quite lively :) :)

Fox Redford is doing very well too and fitting right in. He's still young and hasn't matured enough to father any chicks. I need to calculate and see if chicks would have time to be big enough to survive the winter. We may wait until spring.

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully :)

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Sounds like your farmers market set up is going to be great. Take pictures, lol. Happy to hear that Herc is doing well.

clairedulalune said...

I love your book ends, they are beautiful! Best of luck with the farmers market. Just back from one, I think they need a stall like yours!