Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10.27.09 New car, new day

Today was so beautiful! Leaves a dance everywhere you look. A bright red leaf stuck to a window, a yellow and orange leaf adrift in the creek, a still green leaf resting on a large stone as if it had been laid there just so.

We finally have transportation again in the form of a 99 Chevy Blazer. It will be our going to town car and I hope the get the Crow truck fixed soon as well. It's a lovely, fancy thing. At first i couldn't figure out how to balance it with my old fashioned simple soul but, as he often does, Nik came to the rescue. He reminded me of my love for Firefly and Steampunk and balancing old with new. He said it was like when I wear my fancy skirt with my muck boots, it's different but it works for me. And indeed it does. So we have this grand new Blazer who will sit proudly next to the brave and beautiful old Crow truck, and all is well :) We're so very blessed!

And so the beautiful day became a beautiful evening, orange & brown with tiny blotches of green here and there painted on a backdrop of grays. Very vivid and alive but also quiet and subdued. A perfect evening for broom riding, cat petting and hot tea drinking. I may even let slip a cackle or two.

Merry blessings everyone :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I witnessed a flutter of leaves this morning, too. It felt like I was touched by the spirit of that tree as I drove through the lovely shower.