Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

9.5.10 Coffee, Dreams & Shiny Things

The first days of September have brought a welcomed chill to the air. Chilly enough to have hot coffee and wear an over shirt to milk in the mornings. It's been in the 50's the last few mornings and got down to 54 this morning. Hot fresh oatmeal with honey and cinnamon, warm biscuits with applebutter and a hot cup of coffee. Yes indeed, what a very fine morning :)

I had two dreams last night, one was a chilling dream involving Sara Palin and leopards with horrible mouths. I won't tell it for paranoia but it was not a good thing.

In the second dream I saw from above and from being part, sort of back and forth. I dreamed that i was standing in the middle of a field of sunflowers. The sun was shining and felt warm on my face and I was daydreaming of flying. Suddenly there was a rustling sound and when I looked down all the flowers turned into crows and flew away in slow motion. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feel of the wind coming from their wings and their feathers brushing my cheek. When I knew they had all gone I opened my eyes and looked down and there at my feet was an ear of corn. I knew it was an ear of my corn from my garden and I felt overwhelmingly grateful to the crows for leaving such a special gift. I picked it up, made a pouch with my skirt and put it in. Then I saw another and another and as i looked there were hundreds of ears of corn all over the now barren field. I closed my eyes, smiled and tuned my head back toward the warm sun and that's all I remember.

In other odd news .... Somehow, during our trip to Virginia I lost a pair of my favorite earrings, little silver hoops. When we returned we looked everywhere for them but couldn't find them anywhere. I knew they were here but I couldn't think where at all. I asked the cats to help find them and went on with life. Sometime later (day before yesterday) when we were out doing morning chores we heard a crash in the house so Nik ran in to see what mischief the cat creatures had been about. He found a little basket i keep by my bed knocked in the floor and there among the beeswax lip balm, feather, ribbons and a candle stub, were two shiny silver hoops. I had looked in that basket twice and Nik even dumped it out on my bed to check again. I surely do love those cat creatures :)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Cats are amazing animals. I am so loving this cooler weather and looking forward to winter. Have a blessed day!!

Nancy said...

You just never know what those critters are thinking. It amazes me every day. Cool post, Juli. I believe dreams are always trying to tell us something we don't know yet. Hugs.