Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Little Gifts



I've always thought that, if I were Alice I would have much preferred to stay down the rabbit hole.
It's quite a wonderful thing, to me, to have tea and cakes with Hares and Dormice.





In fact, there is no end to the wonderful things.
The little gifts left here and there, just waiting to be found.
Things like ...
A warm day in winter.
Old, very soft sheets.
Laundry on the line.
Handmade pillow cases.
The purr of a beloved cat lounging in the sun.
The sun itself, shining bright as any diamond's wildest dream.




We are so very blessed.

3 comments:

Rivenfae said...

Very well said, it has been a lovely couple of days too.

Shell said...

I would gladly take that weather! We're under a foot of snow. I cannot wait to hang my laundry outside again. *sigh*

the wild magnolia said...

Happy to "see" your happiness and contentment.

I miss being able to hang clothes to dry by the sun and fresh air.

Thank you for the beautiful words and photos.

Wishing you a fine day.

Blessings.