Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1.14.08

It's exactly 4:44

Cottage cheese with parmesan and honey tea for first breakfast.

My son usually feeds the cats in the morning but when I get up before him I feed them because, on the planet they're from the only concept they have of "wait" includes "on them". So I dutifully obeyed.

Day came and she's looking much better, now if she'll just go get herself spayed and find a home ....

The thermometer on the porch says it 30 but it felt much colder to me. Fire's going now tho and I feel quite fine.

I've talked son into helping me rearrange the furniture in the living room area a bit today or tomorrow. Just a few things but I'm so thankful he's older and strong and can help. I could do it myself, I have for years, but help is a good thing to have :)

No comments: