Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1.15.08

Strawberry fruit bars and coffee for first breakfast <------- Normal


No artwork finished tho I'm working on some art blocks. I worked online a lot yesterday, organizing and reorganizing. I've been thinking about letting my website go completely, I get a lot of hits but I've had very few sales from it (as far as i can tell) and I think between etsy and my creepy blog that should do it. I'm kind of scared to let it go tho because I've worked so hard on it and the Galleries always ask to see your website. Plus it's more professional to refer clients to a website instead of an etsy or blog I suppose. I should probably keep it.

anyway ...

I know we have a good two more months of winter and I do love winter but I am so excited to get more chickens. We used to have chicks ever summer until last year and I really missed it. not to mention having to buy eggs. I've been thinking about them a lot and between that and planning a larger garden this year I'm looking forward to spring even more then usual.


When the sun set this evening it lit the whole house with fuchsia light. It seemed to glow from within. I stopped and just stood in the living room for many minutes, bathed in the colors of the day. Sometimes those minutes stretch into eons for me and I live a lifetime in the span of a sunset.

The extraordinary in the everyday.


Now I'm going to go in search of a recipe for those little candies you make with butterscotch chips and chow mien noodles. I have the recipe my mother used to make but I can't remember where I put it and I haven't made them in ages.

Merry Day :)

No comments: