Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1.18.08

Morning Everyone :)

A bowl of baked honey rice and coffee for breakfast.

It's around 18 deg., fire's going, cats are fed and all is well.

The short time I slept I dreamed I was picking wildflowers in the desert. Funny how certain little things you read or see or hear stay with you.

I made some Lizzies yesterday, chow mien noodles with melted butterscotch and peanut butter. Peanut butter was what I couldn't remember but i found some similar recipes and realized that, that's what I had forgotten. You can make Lizzies with all kinds of things. I made some with butterscotch and cashew butter (my fav) and some with dark chocolate chips and peanut butter. My son prefers milk chocolate chips but I didn't have any.

In searching for what I had forgotten I learned that they're considered a Southern treat. Odd

My sons birthday is on Wednesday, he'll be 15 *o* He's now a little taller then I am, I can remember when he was little and would say "Mom, someday I'm going to be taller then you are" and now he is. I've always been torn about him growing up.

On one hand, i am so proud of the man he has become and I've felt so honored to have watched him grow into it. It's an amazing thing and he is an amazing spirit.

On the other hand, it hurts my heart to think i can't carry him around on my hip and he will never again sit in my lap while I read him Pooh and do all the voices.

Life is truly such an incredible journey, just when you get used to a thing you must remember to embrace the sacredness of change and the adventure of the next stretch of the path.

I never mind the winter and I have always felt akin to the damp gray of a fine Irish day but today I woke with a strong yearning to pick wildflowers in the desert.

No comments: