Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1.17.08

I woke with a terrible headache this morning, my face hurts. I'm sure it's a sinus thing, painful but easy to care for. I get migraines but thankfully very rarely.

For breakfast I'm having brown rice with carrots, chicken broth and cheese and green tea with honey.

I used to daydream of living in a little town, having a little shop, going to little town meetings, not being burned at the stake (a strange fear I was born with).

In the late 80's and early 90's i started having dreams about earth changes and intentional communities.

These days I mainly just dream of the Trooper running correctly.

The steam of simple green tea has already done the trick and my head is feeling much better :)

I actually have a memory of when I was a little over a year old and we lived in Maine. Everyone says i can't but it's been verified by my sister who was 11 at the time. I remember other things I shouldn't as well.

I remember being with my mother and older sister and someone else (I later found out it was my father). My mother was holding me and we were all looking down from a cliff by the ocean and we could see seals. I can remember my mother voice, telling us to look.

We lived there a few months before moving again to Marathon Florida for a few months then to Missouri when I was 2, where my father left us.

It was supposed to rain and then snow yesterday. No rain and I don't think any snow either. Now they're saying snow today, I hope so.

A few years ago one of our local trusted weathermen said on air that they could no longer predict the weather in advance, now they can just tell us what's on top of us. I thought it was an odd thing to say, one of those interesting twilight zone moments in life.

Got some wonderful Organic Yerba Mate from Christa's shop today. Having a cup just now and it is so fine :) Thank you so very much !


Anyway, Merry Day :)

No comments: