Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1.20.08

Homemade honey-oat pods and coffee for first breakfast

It's been an interesting morning. It's 5am now and 12 deg. I just came in from trying to get the work truck (Rusty) fixed. We went out at 3:30am to go to the large store but when I tried to start the truck the gas peddle just went to the floor and stayed there. Not stuck, just limp. And we heard a pop sound, like something broke or popped off. I found a thing that looked like it had been attached to the peddle stick and Nik tried to get it back on but we couldn't.

I saw a light on where my exhusband lives and asked him to help. he did come out and was nice at first but soon got meaner. I would usually never bother anyone this early unless it was an emergency and shouldn't have bothered him. He got especially mad when I told him I would hold the flashlight so he could use two hands. In the end he gave me a candy bar and said he would look at it later.

I wish the Trooper ran *~*

In my next life I would like to be a mechanic.

No comments: