Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

1.23.09

Today is Niks birthday ! He's 15 *o* It seems like yesterday I was carrying him around on my hip now he can pick me up *~*

I've raised him alone since he was 6 and somehow he still managed to become one of the most wonderful people I've ever known. At 15 he's truly more responsible and more honorable then anyone I've ever known, besides my Grandfather.

Speaking of beloved family ... My Grandfather Emmett and my beloved soul sister Karen Kiwani, who are no longer in physical shell bodies, are here today ! I was so glad to feel them when I woke :) :) How blessed we always are :)

We're waiting to have his larger birthday celebration until the weekend, so his father can be here. but he still gets his Gypsy Birthday today.

The animals banned together and left him a mysterious envelope with 20 dollars in it. We'll feast on pancakes for breakfast and homemade cheese burgers and fat fries for feast.

We'll dance wildly and sing loudly and laugh much.

We'll take some food to an old mean guy neighbor.

A celebration must always be shared :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: