Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Monday, May 26, 2008

5.26.08

Jujus for everyone who's lost someone and everyone who feels forgotten !!! I promise I will never forget tho I know that doesn't mean much.


I slept late today, til after 8:00 and it felt good. I get up early because I love the early mornings and I like to have time before chores need to be done. But I've also always loved sleeping and dreaming. I'm a very lucid dreamer, when I choose to be :) and last night I chose my dreams and in them I had a most wonderful black carpetbag with tan swirls.

Today will be finishing harvesting off the spinach and getting it all blanched to freeze. If the grounds not to wet I may start planting the potatoes. And we need to finish cleaning the chicken pen. Got about half of it done yesterday.

Later I'm going to be making homemade corndogs. I've never made them before but Nik loves them so I'm going to try. If you guys see a mushroom cloud over the Ozark area, you'll know it didn't go well *o*


Blessed day ((((((((((everyone)))))))))))

No comments: