Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Noah Dream

Yesterday I saw a commercial on TV for a Noah's Ark Play with real animals. I'm usually against animals being forced to perform for nimrodic human enjoyment but the animals seemed to be enjoying it as well. I thought it was very cool.


Then last night I dreamed ...


We were living in the time of Noah. Nik was very small (as he often is in my dreams). God told me about the flood and that I should prepare. I heard about a man who also said God had told him so I went to help the man, Noah. I worked day and night helping him build the ark and stock it with food and supplies. But when the day came to get safely on the Ark he turned me away saying it was because I was a single parent.

I was so angry! I could have been storing supplies and making ready for us all along but I had wasted my time helping him. I took my son and fled to some mountains where I was surprised to find many other people. Together we survived the floods and after weeks the floods went down enough to venture out. not far away I saw Noah and I was angry again and woke straight out of sleep.

No comments: