Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

6.25.08

What a wonderful day :)

Oded has no broken bones, no internal injuries and is healing up wonderfully ! The vet said she would prescribe antibiotics but when I explained what I had been using and she saw there was no infection, she agreed I should continue on :) :)

He's not completely fine, there's still a chance for infection to set in and he's under house arrest for 10 days before he can get a rabies shot. But I have high hopes :)

We're having a late second breakfast of toast from homemade sourdough bread and blueberry tea. The tea is good but I only have a few blueberries so it's not very berry.

This morning we drove to Highlandville to meet a woman and pick up some freecycle candle making supplies. It was a lovely drive, we hadn't been that way in quite awhile. But the best part was that the woman, Denise, and her daughter were so very sweet and she gave me tons of supplies. I'm more grateful then I could say.

And now I'm off to hang out some laundry :)

Merry day everyone !

No comments: