Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

6.29.08 evening


A very long but good day. I got up a little late and then had a lot to do and never actually got caught up but all is well and what really needed to be done got done.

I cleaned off the front porch, moved animals around in pens and carriers, weeded a bit, did some laundry and made some soap (my first try) :)

All the creatures are well and happy accept Oded, who is going back to the vet because of a suspicious lump on his chest. He is actually well and happy too, plays and eat and purrs when loved. I don't know what the lump is but I know he'll be fine.

Apollo is doing wonderfully, if I had know that we would have had the kitten jig going on I wouldn't have even considered bringing anyone else in but I had already agreed to it weeks before and he does fit in well even with all the other stuff going on.

When things become to much all I have to do is look at all the love eyes. Of course those same love eyes are the cause of much stress on occasion.

For now I'm off to list some soaps :) wonderful evening everyone !

No comments: