Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Thought

I just saw a picture of two elder women crying with joy at being able to be legally married. I cried with them.

Personally, I'm against marriage of any kind. No piece of paper can cause two people to love one another, nor can it make one couple more valid than another. It cannot keep you or your beloved together, only love can do that.

That being said, maybe I was born to early or to late or in the wrong reality or on the wrong planet, but, I have never understood how any human has the right or ability to judge another. Maybe it's the same ability that gives humans the right to own others. I don't know because I've never had that right.

I don't mean that I don't judge, I do it every day. I am not perfect and I know very little. But, to pass judgment openly, in a way that causes pain and suffering, in a form that makes people feel like less or have to fight for simple equal treatment. Well, that's just screwed up in my opinion.

I believe that everyone has a right to believe what they believe.

I also believe everyone has a right not to be forced to abide by the beliefs others.

If you loath me or damn me or fear me or think me evil or ignorant, that's OK, you have a right to. But you do not have a right to burn me, convert me, imprison me, keep me from voting or marrying or driving or anything else that everyone else has a right to do.

I think the terrible state that we find ourselves in today is caused by imbalance. I believe greed, want for power, self righteousness, self loathing and condemnation are all side effects of imbalance. I truly believe that when we are able to find balance within ourselves then we will be able to find balance with one another. and I believe that finding balance can only lead to peace. Not perfection, just peace.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that.

Namaste, everyone.

No comments: