Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6.17.08

Morning :)


I didn't get much done yesterday but I feel more energized today so we'll see :)

We've named the truck "Crow" because he's black but also because he came back from the dead. We learned that there was some dispute about him and he sat abandoned in a field for several years. Later today we'll take a crow bead necklace that was given to me by a friend and give it to the truck. I believe that all things have energy and it's important to acknowledge that energy :)

I think gas must be down around here. We took the truck up yesterday to get some because it was almost on E and 25.00 got half a tank. I honestly expected it to only go up a little past 1/4. I would like to fill up both tanks next weekend but there aren't lock gas caps and I'm a little worried that it might be stolen. Funny that if someone came and asked for gas I would share with them what I had but if they steal some it makes me want to kick their butts.

I have several tea orders to get out and an herbal article to right. I also have a blend to work on, I believe I've got the amounts figured out but I want to put it to one more trial before I say it's right.

It's supposed to be much cooler the next few days so we'll try to get some outside work done as well. Mowing, weeding, rock moving.

We let the chicks and ducks out for the first time the other day but they didn't get to stay out. The Rhode Island Reds are still a bit small and right away Dragon, one of the cat folk, chased one of the little reds back into the hen pen and cornered it. Otherwise they did very well, they stayed together and when it was time to go back they went right in. The chicks follow the ducks wherever they go :)

Hen doesn't have much to do with the others but also gets along with them just fine. She just keeps top herself. I think when they get bigger she'll become more a part of them. They're only a bout 3 months old so we have another 8 or 9 months to wait for eggs and to get the hen house enlarged.

Later I need to clean the floors and I would like to get some painting done but I'm not sure I'll get to it.

I need to call my sister, I keep forgetting, I don't like talking on the phone at all. Hopefully she'll be coming to visit soon. I haven't seen her in ages.

Photobucket
My beautiful sisters and me. This is a fairly old picture but it's the only one I have of the 3 of us together. Becca on the left, Pepper on the right, me in the middle.

No comments: