Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8.6.08

Fresh Oatmeal cookies and iced cappuccino for 1st breakfast. We'll be having pepper parmesan biscuits and tea for 2nd breakfast. We both woke up starving this morning.

I had many dreams last night, that usually mean something big is about to change but starting last fall many things I've seen and felt and been given to know, have not come to pass. I am no great psychic by any means but in my whole life when I have been shown something it became so. Often times I misunderstood what was to come because the interpretation is left to me. But the showing isn't mine at all, I simply see what is shown.

I got a little mowing done yesterday, a large swath from the Burrow to the cabin and behind the house where we're to finish painting. Then the mower just stopped working *~* it starts fine but won't stay running. I left it out uncovered when it stormed last and I fear there could be water in the carburator.

We're almost finished painting the house :) :) :) we have a small back piece to do, the hardest because it's the closest to the ground, and a piece in the dog pen. Then it's just some touch ups and done :)

Something was stolen the other day and, tho it was just my gardening bucket, it made me very sad.

A man who sells small cargo trailers nearby has a large old rusty iron gazebo thing that he had had for sale for years but no one ever bought it. I asked him how much it is every few years and it's always been a bit to expensive for me. This year I asked and the price is down to 300. and he said he would take payments! I've never actually seen it upclose, only passing on the highway but it's a very cool thing. I believe he said it's 24 feet around. I was thinking it could make a good temporary greenhouse if covered well with heavy plastic or something. Either way, it's a very wonderful and magical device and I hope I can afford the payments and get :) :)

Today we may get some storms and so may not get anything outside done at all.

I painted a small folk art piece this morning for my sisters. I've been asked a few times about painting some simple folk art people. I used to paint and draw them sometimes but haven't in years. This morning I sketch several and painted one.

And now I'm off to bake biscuits.

Joy jujus for everyone :)

1 comment:

Phill said...

Now that sounds just about like the most perfect breakfast I have heard of - my favorite cookie, and one of my favorite beverages! Congrats on the progress painting! That outdoor shelter sounds like a really neat thing - and handy! I'm wishing it for you!