Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, September 12, 2008

9.12.08

A fine Irish day ! Wet and gray and beautiful :) These days seem to make the greens greener and every leaf and blade of grass glisten like a bright jewel. The trees all darkened with the rain, the forest crowded and full of life. I love these days. This kind of weather even makes everything, even the roads, appear special and mysterious.

No real plans for the day aside from the usual. Work online a bit, I've been trying to find new venues for selling. I found some local groups where you can list your stores or wares for sale. They have to be listed weekly so I'm going to try that and see if they bring in any business.

Yesterday I broke down and got pizza. Godfathers Pizza is the only place that will deliver anywhere near us, they'll meet us at the Swing Barn. But we have a friend there who actually delivers it to our house when he can :) Nik had pepperoni, I had chicken and mushroom and we ate like wild mankeys (a manky is an alien monkey).

That /\ was 8am, it's 11:30 now, the sun is bright and the day is beautiful :) and I'm just now getting to post this.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Have a wonderful weekend Juli

Phill said...

Delivery pizza is a nice treat now and then, huh? As I remember, Godfather's is pretty good. I used to love Little Caesar's. RIP Little Caesar.

oldcrow61 said...

Nothing wrong with breaking down and buying a pizza, one of my favorite foods.