Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

9.13.08

I hope everyone is safe and continues to be so. We have some very dear friends in several towns in Texas. And I know Louisiana must have gotten quite a bit of rain. I rarely watch TV but I know it is severe.

We stayed up late last night with our prayer wheels, groups of people from many faiths who focus their energies together for a single cause. Mother and Father, keep them all.


Last night we went to the store and people were buying everything up like crazy. We just went for a few groceries because it's supposed to storm for the next few days but most of the people there seemed to be Armageddon shopping. A few people had 2 carts each and the woman in front of us in line bought 11 5-gal gas cans and 6 flats of bottled water.

Also, on the way in we saw about 20 highway patrol cops in the parking lot (It's a Super Walmart). They seemed to be organizing something and had yellow vests, cones, lights and some other things. When we came out to leave they had blocked all north bound traffic from highway 65 and were directing everyone into the Walmart parking lot. We were going south. I have no idea what they were doing. At first I thought maybe it was a sobriety check but I've never seen them divert all the traffic to a parking lot like that.

Health, Safety and Happiness for ((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))

3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I can't imagine seeing all those people buying up so much. Hopefully it won't get too bad there.

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

You and Niki and the critters be careful during these storms.
From the way the news is talking Ike is having far reaching effects.

Anonymous said...

Hello - just found and subscribed to your blog today. Not sure where you are exactly but hope that all is well with you and yours. We're in Jackson, MS and seem to have escaped the backlash from the storm.
Blessings,
Wintermaide