Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

8.6.08 And Odd Day

An odd but mostly prosperous day.

Today we had homemade granola cereal and banana for breakfast. Beanieweenies and cornbread for lunch. Biscuits and gravy for supper. We almost always have fruit with breakfast and/or for a snack, but I always forget to add it.

We got a good wall built on the henhouse and it went up quickly and easily.

We've gotten an egg each day since the first one. Always pale and small and always on the floor, even tho we left an egg out there in a nest box. regardless, I'm so thankful for them !

I got a Dean Koontz book I haven't read, Door to December, from paperbackswap

And sadly, we lost a chick who drowned in the duck pond. It was a very odd thing, we keep the duck pond very low because of the chicks but it had filled from the recent rain and I had forgotten to lower it but the chicks have gotten pretty big and we often see them on the sides of the pond with no trouble. Anyway, we now have 13 Aracuana chicks and the duck pond is empty.

anther odd thing that's been happening is that I've been seeing 11:11 again every day. There was a time, several years back that, for over two years myself and many people I knew were seeing 11:11 everyday. But I haven't seen it an unusual amount since that ended. Until a few days ago. I didn't take note of the day it started but I would say it was September 2nd. The first day I saw 11:11 twice, the next day I saw it once, the 3rd day i saw 5:55 then 11:11 later in the day, then the next day I saw 11:11 and today I saw it and then Nik walked up behind me and said "Hey, it's 11:11"

I remember reading a lot about it when it happen before for those 2 or so years. There are many theories and in the end I came to believe that it's likely a combination of more then one.

Anyway, it is what it is.

I also had a very strange dreaming this morning but I can't share it here.

Oh, and for about a week now I have to type in verification code to post to my own blog because It was marked as a spam blog *~*

Namaste ((((((((((everyone)))))))))))

No comments: