Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Older Pictures

~*~
I think these were all taken in the early Fall of 2003,
about a year after we moved to the Burrow.
sunset
Ozark Sunset



ambrosia sunset
Ambrosia Sky






 the herb garden
My beloved herb garden.
I don't even remember everything I had growing back then. Many things have been lost since then and the garden has never recovered fully.


the herb garden 2
In the center is my sacred Jasmine.
I found it growing in an overgrown lot behind a Subways in Springfield about 8 years before this picture was taken. I thought I had lost it in the strange weather we've had but this year I found a tiny vine of it that still had some wik ! I replanted it and it's actually already starting to bloom again :) :) :)

michael and the mushrooms
Micheal and the mushrooms.
These were very cool, they grew like that overnight, stayed for several days, and we've never seen them since. I did find out what kind they were and that they're edible but I've forgotten now.
~*~

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Beautiful sunsets. How wonderful that the Jasmine flourished after replanting.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Juli. There seems to be a moral to the story of the Jasmine when you stop and think about it.