Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

11.08.08 Back in

What a marvelous morning! We found a lucky double yolked egg, the third this year. You can tell by the size of them. They're lucky to find and luckier to eat, tho I never eat them myself :) Honestly they kind of creep me out but Nik loves them.



Lucky Egg
The mornings eggs :)


After feeding the animals I went up to talk to the cabin guy to see if he would cut the legs off a fireplace grate for our woodstove, he said he would on monday (he's a welder). And he gave Nik and I both a gift :) a package of fresh bakery donuts for Nik and a lovely little caramel apple coffee cake for me. He has gotten very nice this last year and while I'm so happy for him to be a nicer person, I'm even happier for us because he used to be pretty damn mean :)

Also while feeding the chickens I found some marvelous feathers, which I find most every day but they're always wonderful to find no matter how many you have.

So we're backing in warming up for a bit till it's warm enough outside to work. They're actually predicting light snow flurries this morning :) It's about 35 here now.

I'm off to do the mornings dishes and maybe read a bit or sew.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I dont blame you for not eating the double yolks, they are twins and that is weird. I decided that i want to come live with you:))

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

Just catching up with your blog. You're such a busy bee. The eggs look so pretty. Your girls have 'done good!'. Keep warm and enjoy the weekend.

oldcrow61 said...

Lovely eggs.

Unknown said...

i once work at the local university with a man who was extremely mean. then, he came back the next semester completely transformed. it was pretty amazing to witness and be the recipient of his new found kindness. i'm not sure what he did or what happened, but he was so much easier to be around.

caramel apple cake sounds divine.