Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Vampire Dream

I've never had a dream like this before, It was strange and interesting. Several things happened before which I don't recall, what I do remember is ...

I was with a man that I knew in the dream but not otherwise as far as I know. We needed to get into this closed restaurant for some reason. I don't know why but I went in alone and as soon as I was through the door I knew something wasn't right. The room went on and on, it was a room and not a room, and it was very, very dark. I could see no walls or ceiling. Suddenly an unusually tall man appeared standing in front of me. Altho I knew he wouldn't actually hurt me I feared him in a way. In a sad way I cannot explain. He felt familiar and strange to me.

Some things happened that I don't recall and the next thing I remember is that the man from outside was fighting the man from inside. I suddenly knew that the inside man was a vampire and they were kind of fighting over me. The vampire man said he was taking me and the outside man said he wouldn't let him. I was standing in the middle of the darkness and sometimes I could hear them fighting but not see them, sometimes I could see them fighting and struggling in the air above me.

It was very odd and I kept thinking in the dream that this can't be right. I kept thinking that it wasn't my dream ? I also felt like i had been set up. I wanted the outside man to win so the vampire man wouldn't take me but I felt bad for the vampire man because I thought I had been used as bait because they knew he wanted me. Or something like that.

It wasn't a long dream but it left me feeling odd and a little sad. I'm not really into vampires, the last vampire movie I saw was Dracula a few years ago.

No comments: