Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

8 Things Meme

I know this is sad, I can't even think of 8 things for most of these. but just for the sake of psoting soemthing on my beloved blog ....

8 Things Meme



Things I Am Looking Forward To:
1. a greenhouse
2. goats milk.
3. ripe tomatoes and peppers in the garden
4. having the whole goat pen fenced in properly
5. a finished milk room
6. fencing in garden
7. larger drying racks
8. having the cabin back

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. made bread
2. tended the animals
3. did laundry
4. did dishes
5. worked online
6. got a tea order out
7. worked in the garden
8. took recycling

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. be independent of the utility company
2. be financially independent (just not have to work for money)
3. write my memoirs without hurting anyone
4. own my own home and acres in the forest
5. have the whole property fenced in (more to keep other things out)
6. not worry about Nik's college tuition
7. live in or near a small village of like minded folk
8.

8 Shows I Watch:
1. Catherine Cookson anthology on DVD
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

8 Favorite Fruits:
1. Blackberries
2. Blueberries
3. Strawberries
4. Bannanas
5. Apples
6. Tangerines
7. Cherries
8. Oranges

8 Places I'd Like to Travel:
1. Ireland
2. Italy
3. France
4. Mars
5. Scotland
6. Easter Island
7. England
8.

8 Places I've Lived
1. Key Largo, Fl.
2. Bradenton, Fl.
3. Mobile, Al.
4. Baytown, Tx.
5. Marshall, Tx
6. Loris, SC
7. Point Pleasant, WV
8. Springfield, Mo.
( way to many places to list, I could list 8 states I've lived in or 8 cities in several states or 8 houses in several cities ... )

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Goodness, I didn't know you'd lived in Point Pleasant! That's right close by me.

As for Nik's college tuition, not to worry. You surely qualify for the Pell Grant and he can get work study. We were poor as dirt when my oldest son and I went to college at the same time. Just be sure you get the FAFSA filled out as soon as you can.

Love your TV list--matches mine :-) Larry watches movies on his DVD player.