Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

1.7.10

How strange it seems to type or think 2010. It's been a work of fiction most of my life, some futuristic event left to odd dreams and wild imaginations. yet, here we are.

It's almost 6 am, we slept in a bit because it was so cold. The wind is howling outside and we saw that we had gotten more snow when we took the dogs out. The forecast here is a high of 13 and a low of -2, tomorrow will be colder with a high if 5 and a low of -7. I feel worse for the people who have no shelter or a roof to keep out the wind. And in southern climates having to deal with the cold, where people are prepared for it.

I had an odd dream last night, the second one in a row. I'll type them up and post them shortly.

Well, it's 6:30 already, I've finished my breakfast, vegetable beef soup and it's time to get some things done.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm !

No comments: