Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pictures around the Burrow ~ some for Kati's kids :)


This is Chicken Light, one of the new hens we got recently from the Kati family :)
She's a Hampshire Red

.
.
.




Chicken Dark, also from the Kati Family.
A RIR hen
.
.
.

The Star Sisters, Alice and Bella, from the Kati family.
They're Black Stars, which I also intend to raise if our hens ever go broody.

.
.
.

Kirin's first bath a few weeks ago.

Proof of the paranormal
.

.

.

Cat creatures invading my rocking chair.
All cats are paranormal.
.
.
.

The Salad Bed with French Marigolds, Arugula, Spinach, Meculin Mix and French Radish
.
.
.


Nik, my amazing son :)
.
.
.



Kirin two days ago, playing with his foot in a laundry basket.
proof he lived through his first bath.
.
.
.




2 Black Jersey Giants and 2 White Jersey Giants in the new chick pen.
I had just refilled their water that morning and they scratched leaves and dirt right in.
.
.
.

Hen Herd
Barred Rocks, RIR's, Austrolorps and Ameraucana's




4 comments:

Artful Gathering said...

I love your photos... and comments... so cute! Lovely

the wild magnolia said...

Oh how I loved these photos of your little homestead happenings.

The chickens are so healthy and the raised salad garden is amazing.

Kitty baby looks wonderful and content.

Yes, cats are paranormal.

Good job & Happy Day!

Linda said...

Great pic's , handsome son.
Kitty fluffed up good

I miss my chickens cuz we traded homesteads with DD and left all 45+ Plymouth Barred Rock gals and the hen den. So its good to see chicken pic's

Been following your super great blog with all the pics and info, thanks.

Thought I'd go ahead and comment. We are in MO to, living in the woods. A new adventure for us here. Its like living at one of my favorite place, Ozarks. So I'm really enjoying your blog pages

Take good care and thank you for sharing

Our Glorious Days said...

Alice and Bella ;) Nice.

So happy to see them!