Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thunder

Tonight the storms came again.
Long forgotten ancestors telling stories of times past and times yet to come.
They speak with voices that reverberate within my soul.
They speak in tones used to silence excited children but, also in tones that calm and reassure.

Listen now ...

Yes. I can hear tales of ancient wars, of love found, treasure lost, forgiveness for things I do not understand.

I can hear whispers too. Whispers of things yet to be. Times that will change time. Stories of things that will one day be told to children as lore and legend but, have yet to be lived.

Soon the story tellings reach a fevered pitch and become one. One story of what was, what is and what will be, with an ending that shocks the very Night herself.

And now the great spirits call to one another quietly, gently ... forgetting the children below. They break away from the trance of story telling, break away in a long, low rumble. Break away and become a part of the sky once more.

And I am left alone to ponder




Juli
6.2.10

4 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Wonderful post, filled with wonder thoughts.

Linda said...

Juli you are an artist, with craft and wisdom. A gift you have for beautiful writings.

I love thrunderstorms and will listen to the stories they tell from now on. How could you not after reading this.

At first I thought you had storms down your way from the heading but it was deeper much deeper.

Thank you for sharing

tc linda

BTW you were close on the name of that Echinacea,its Summer Sun

Ah Ngao said...

Juli,..your description of thunder really gives me such a comfort feeling,reading them. have a nice weekend

Juli said...

Thank you :)