Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Day in Pictures

We've spent the last few days with no phone/internet. I had called Dig Rite out weeks before we moved because we have fences to put up and more. The phone company came right out and marked, the utility company has still not made it out 6 weeks later. But I could pretty much figure the utility line so we put the dog fence up anyway. The last post cut right through a phone line, one they hadn't marked. We have it rigged for now and hopefully they'll fix it properly soon.



 The barn  :)


 The barn sign


East


 North


 South
you can see our closest human neighbors place way back there.


West

 Big henhouse  :) 
still being worked on.
 Inspectors
Lily & Lola


A bed for Willow & Song


Juniper
a new & larger house


Buddha on the mantle

No comments: