Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Part 4 of 4 – Tragedies, Kith & Kin, Simply Being




I do not watch tv or listen to the radio but no one is untouched by the horror and tragedy that befalls us all when life is abused in any way. Many prayers & jujus of healing, growth, renewal and love for everyone on every side of the vast illness of hatred and violence that has infected us all.

Please consider forgiveness. Hatred and despair can only breed more of the same.

 (((((((((((((((( Everyone ))))))))))))))))))))

…………………………………………………..
~Wild Moon Kith & Kin Gatherings~

 These are the trade/barter potluck gatherings we’ve had for years now.

At market several people stopped by my booth and asked about the trade gatherings. I promised to get in touch but have very limited internet connection these days. Most of you that stopped are Sunday church goers so it’s important that we make it work around that. Saturdays are out for me. Otherwise, what day would be best for you? They will take place once a month in the afternoon. Either at our Caney Mountain spot or at Wild Moon Hill (about 10 miles north of Caney Mnt.).

All Are Welcome! This is how folk become Kith (friends & neighbors) & Kin (family)  : )

Respond here, email me privately or text if you have my number. I’ve posted both on the Ozark Homesteading group. Let me know what days are best for you and any other questions, suggestions etc..

When a day is set I will let everyone know and give out all the details … directions etc.

………………

Also, I’m looking for baby food jars with good lids. I need quickly and badly. I’ll pay .10 cents a jar or trade goods. I can pick up in Ava or Gainesville.

…………….

And finally …. Jewel … A lot of people have asked about the name, many thought it was someone else posting to my blog. I am Jewel, it’s what my younger sister has always called me. I think a part of me had come to equate the name with the abused, weird child that I was. But, having my younger sister here, calling me Jewel again … I found that, just like the abused, weird child, the name grown into power and promise.



2 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

somehow i have missed these posts. i am so sad for your trouble. something is amiss. you will figure it, and shake it out!

Unknown said...

"Wild Moon Cottage" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-sunday-drive.html