Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, March 20, 2015

3.20.15

Merry Spring Equinox! Blessed Festival of Trees.

She changes everything She touches and, everything She touches changes....

On the eve of Spring, the day started out cool and damp. A large cup of hot tea and some toasted seed bread with honey made it seem a little brighter. But then the sun, in all His glory, graced us with his bright warmth and the day grew magnificently.

I've gotten most of the day's work done, moving swiftly inside but slow and ponderous outside. Taking my time and soaking in the energy.

I've been going through things and giving away or storing what's not needed or very wanted. The house got quite piled up last year and I don't like a jumbled mess. I hope for at least an organized mess  :)

I wanted to ride today. Just saddle up and go until my stomach rumbled and my bag of granola was empty.  But alas, that wont be happening for a very long time. My beloved Anya is barn sour. I have to lead her to the destination then ride home. That's ok though, things are as they are and she'll go with me on the walk abouts with joy. I am thankful for that gift.

I had not done hammocks in over a year, there was just no work for me. But I picked up supplies yesterday and am back at it  :)  I've really missed it. And the first one is purple  :)  it looks blue in the photo but it's really bright and wonderful purple!

It's a slow, lazy day. A peanut butter sandwich on seed bread with an ice cold glass of milk for lunch. Leftovers soup for supper with leftover black bread (cleaning out the freezer a bit). I'm making cranberry orange scones for evening tea..

I look forward to tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow ...

Time to wake up!





No comments: