Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

3.22.15

What a beautiful day!

I spent much of the day preparing for the week. I mixed up two lovely batches of trail mix.

Batch 1
Organic, unsweetened dry Cranberries  US
All natural dried apple chunks – mine
All natural sunflower Seeds – US
Raisinets  (chocolate covered raisins - US ?
Yogurt covered raisins - US
All Natural Almonds – US
Organic toasted peanuts – US  (bought organic raw peanuts and lightly toasted at home)
Sea salt
Cinnamon

Batch 2
All Natural dried sweet cherries – mine
Organic toasted peanuts – US  (bought organic raw peanuts and lightly toasted at home)
Sea salt
Raisinets chocolate covered raisins - US ?
All Natural Sun Flower Seeds - US


For Sunday dinner I made a huge Everything Salad with garlic bread sticks. The salad was with commercial organic spring greens, shredded cheeses, boiled eggs, chicken, bacon, shredded carrots and little tomatoes (that came from Mother only knows) with commercial ranch dressing. I made bread sticks for the week and toasted a couple each with garlic butter and parmesan for our meal. Last time in town i tasted some citrus green tea that I loved, so made a version of it with green tea, bottled lemon juice and a freshly squeezed orange. It was delicious!

For evening tea I'm just having Irish Black with vanilla, honey and goat's milk.

I also made biscuits, rolls and a loaf oat bread. I made up a hearty soup for a lunch or two with leftover chicken bones, chicken, wild rice, carrots, celery, cracked pepper, onion and dried lambs quarters.

No hammocks today, Sunday is a hammock free day  :)  But yesterday's hammock was a wonderful red.




No comments: