Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, April 3, 2015

4.2.15

Today was tremendous! Warm, breezy and wonderful. I got quite a bit done. Got Dixon mailed off and had another custom order at the post office. I put "artwork" on the boxes and several people asked about what it was. I told about Dixon and Spirit Totes (formerly Juju Dolls) and she made an order right in the parking lot  :)



I also got some inventory ready for markets, some work done inside, ran to town, sold two rabbits, found a 2 or 3 ft Thuja occidentalis!  at walmart of all places. It will be some time before I can harvest for tinctures and drying but the wholesome bounty will be worth the wait. This is what my April photo is about  :)  I've been looking for one of these for years.

I also got a little ore done toward getting the floors ready for painting. I'm going to be doing a little at a time so I don’t have to clear everything out. And so that i can afford to do repairs as I go too, most things have to wait until after some bills are paid off but we're getting there  :)

I'm trying to balance restoring to the age of the house (78 years old), our needs and wants and my own sensibilities. The colors for the living room and kitchen are Walnut Bark for the floors with dark sand tiles around the wood stove hearth and Antique White for the walls, ceilings and kitchen cabinets. My room and the Bathroom will have the same floor color (bathroom will eventually have tiles) and Soft Sage walls. My 100 yr old CI bed will be Antique white. I like simple and serene. The mud room and back porch Birch walls (tan) and walnut floors until I can get tile at least in the mudroom.  Eventually I will probably tile all the floors.



I also got a little work done on the outdoor kitchen. I can’t wait to have a proper summer kitchen but I'm loving my simple outdoor kitchen too  :)


I am so grateful to be so incredibly wealthy. And even more grateful that I am blessed to true wealth for what it is  :)




We are so blessed  :)

No comments: