Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

6.14.08

Merry Morning :)

Today is to be warm and sunny and I have plenty ways to make use of it!

The big thing today is a trip to the feed store. It's not so much the feedstore itself, it's the way there that I'm most looking forward to. A nice, sunny Saturday means ............. yard sales :) I am hoping to find some things in particular, I make a yard sale list and take it with me. On the list is

A nice winter coat for Nik
jars with good lids (all sizes)
wooden cooking utensils
retractable clothesline
kitchen towels
anything for canning
something to make a seat cover for the truck

It's been so long since we've been I barely remember how *o* but it's been such a survival tool over the years that it comes back to me pretty quickly :) First I think about what I need and/or want, then I make a list, then I make jujus that I'll be able to find them. If it hadn't been for yard sales when Nik was little we would have done without a great deal.

Also for today, I tested a bit of the burdock root last night and I believe it's ready for grinding so I'll be making up several batches of Ojibwa Tea. And I need to get the tea samples ready to send to the woman who's taking them to the Arkansas Watermelon festival.

I also need to go get the mans laundry that I do each weekend, I usually get it on Friday but I forgot. And we're going to be baking some sweet breads today for Nik to give to his father tomorrow. We have the usual chores and I'm painting a small Dandelion painting as well.

A busy day but all good things :)



Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: