Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, June 20, 2008

6.20.08 afternoon

Well, the sun came out and I was able to get some gardening done and let the chicks and ducks out for a bit.

There were several lovely Ladybugs in the garden today. What a wonderful sight ! everything's growing right along tho I did realize that the third row of corn has never come up and I've replanted it several times this year. I'll make a note of it in my garden journal for next year. There must be something in the ground at that end of the garden because the sunflowers planted there also have done a bit poorly.

I've named the big yellow lilies Summer Solstice lilies because they're always blooming around the Solstice. I got them on clearance sale after Easter one year, they were sold as Easter Lilies.

The beans turned out quite nice and, with some garden peppers and onions mixed in, they were ready for dinner burritos, which we greatly enjoyed.

No comments: