Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, June 27, 2008

6.27.08

Another late day but in a good way. We slept in til 8am :) but then had to do all the feeding and tending right away. Nik did almost all of it this morning by himself.

We had giant lemon poppyseed muffins for breakfast. I usually make them myself but I got a dozen from our Market, Murfin's Market, when we went yesterday and they're very good.

I've been loving Freecycle lately. I've always loved it but never actually used it. I thought we were to far out in the boonies to be able to do much but that turns out not to be the case at all. That's how I got all those wonderful candle making supplies :) Very soon, in the next few days, I'm going to be going thru things to see what I can offer as well. We do put free things out by the road and they always seem to disappear but we have other things that we can't set out because they could be ruined.

It may also be another way to help find homes for the kittens. I'll see how it works and feels but I'm pretty sure I can list them with the requirements I use already. Must agree to spay or neuter, return kit to us if you can't keep it and must be willing to let me make a copy of your drivers license. I know it's not enough but it's what I've settled on.

Last evening I watched Fools Gold, it was pretty good, fun to watch.

Oded is still improving and doing wonderfully. He's still getting lost of echinacea and protein food and an echinacea wash with an ointment for his arm.

Apollo is doing wonderfully as well. Slowly and gently making friends with the cats inside and out. He very good and watches what Star does and learns from her gentle loving ways. He could have no better teacher, If Star ruled the world there would be peace, love and belly rubs for all. How very wolfish of her :)

I hope everyone has a most excellent weekend !

No comments: