Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

6.7.08

I've been a little ill lately but I'm feeling much better today. I always feel kind of like waking from a coma after these things pass. I don't loath many things but lupus is among those I do.

It was so wonderfully windy the other day. The laundry on the line was dry and so soft in no time.

I got some Patchouli and White Sage planted the other day but neither are doing well. The White Sage especially looks bad. I haven't spent enough time on them. I had some White sage for years but it didn't survive the move here.

The chickens and ducks are getting big and fat. One male duck so far for sure. He has the man feather :) They all seem to be Fawn Runner Ducks and according to the hatchery site, all full blooded.

I took pictures the other day and will post them later.

I hope everyone has a marvelous day !

No comments: