Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

7.17.08 a long but very good day

We finally got the main paint for the house "Victorian Sage" and will be ready to start all the painting tomorrow. I'll take pictures :) Victorian Sage with White trim. My preference would be actual adobe or natural stone but since the Burrow needs paint and I get to pick the colors ...

We got the stinking chicks out of the bathtub !!!!!!!! I'm so happy about that. we didn't finish the portable chickpen but I couldn't stand one more stinking night (chick poo and damp newspaper smell like the putrid butt cheek of a dead mole), so we quickly built a mini pen in the henpen. just one corner till we finish the small porto-pen, it will be 5ft x 2 ft x 3ft tall with a locking hinged lid. An emergency whatever pen or eventual rabbit pen.

I worked in the garden a bit, the plants are doing wonderfully but I think the White Sage is completely dead, Mother rest it.

I haven't gotten anywhere on the greenhouse but the year's not done.

When these latest chicks get bigger we really will have a rainbow of hens. R I Reds, Yellow Buffs, Black Barred Rocks and the Browns of Araucanas :) and now we'll have green eggs again ! I love green eggs and ham :)

Myabe I should try and get some white layers too so we can have all the egg colors *o*

No comments: