Wild Moon Cottage is a small working homestead in the pristine Ozark Mountains. We have dairy goats, poultry, organic herb and vegetable gardens, a start of a tiny fruit orchard, several black walnut trees, wild berries and fields of wildcrafting goodness. We raise our own milk, our own eggs, much of our own medicine and food. I do laundry by hand, make my own vinegar, candles, soap, bread, cheese ........ For a living I am an artist and herbalist. My goal for myself and our homestead is to be as self sufficient and self sustaining as possible.

Friday, July 18, 2008

7.18.08

the plan for today includes ...

*yard saling early ( but my Sagittarius says not to spend money today *o* )
*carefully sweeping away and relocating several spiders from the front porch for paint
*duct taping the dirt down so it won't blow up on the wet paint.
*moving some satellite wires (we get satellite in the winter)
*moving everything off the porch
*taking down the small fence we use to enclose the porch
*and painting the porch and front of house !


when all the painting is done I will be getting some english ivy starts to plant on each side of the house to help stop the erosion on the hill parts. Unless I find a better way that I can afford. I do so love Ivy tho.

I'm also going to be trying to find out about some privacy fence that may be free to take down. There's a lot of it but it's in great shape and not to far to drive a few days in a row.

1 comment:

Phill said...

I love English ivy, and I think it will look gorgeous with your paint color choices. How did the garage sales go?!!! I'm excited to hear!